Gifting Tips Year End 2017
What an honour to receive a request from Naomi Butow, Founder of Mommy Mall SA, to write an article on gifting tips year end 2017.
So here are our thoughts on what we see trending and will most likely be the go to gifts for Christmas of 2017.
Mommy Mall SA
With the abundance of on-line shopping choices in the respective Mommy Malls, Moms, their friends and family really do not have to go further than their desks to shop. A huge variety of gift options that will cover a wide spectrum of products can be found here.
South Africa like many other countries across the world is experiencing a tight economy with ever increasing cost of living. Consumers have needed to become penny-wise. Spending less money on holiday travel while socializing and focusing more on necessity spending.
So gifts under the tree this year may very well be more of what is needed rather than what may be nice to have.
What to Gift To Whom
Often when it comes to the thought of gift-giving we can find our mind going blank or the choices start to overwhelm us. This happens to plenty of us as there really is such a huge variety of gift options out there. It can often become like climbing a Kilimanjaro every time we need to think of buying a gift.
At Yabulela Gift Hampers we make it our business to remove that stress factor from your shoulders and rise effortlessly to the summit to just enjoy handing over your gift.
Budgeting for your gifts
Then there is always the spending budget to contend with and the amount of gifts that it needs to cover! So one has to apply the golden rule, divide and conquer!
Take your budget and divide it into firstly the very special people that you would like to give a gift to.This would include people such as your spouse, your children and family members.
Then next on the list could be your best friends, colleagues and neighbours. Once you have your list, then off you go with a good idea on whom you would like to spend your hard earned cash on.
Gifting Tips Year End 2017
One of the most important things to remember about giving a gift is that it’s the thought that counts. There’s no need to feel embarrassed if things are financially tight at your house.
A small well-presented Christmas gift can still be a great Christmas gift. Finding just the right gift when the bank balance is slim is not that hard.
First, imagine what your recipient likes and what he or she would really use. Often, a gift that makes daily life simpler and easier is extremely welcome. It’s also great to give people something they would love but ordinarily would not buy for themselves.
For example a really special bar of soap, a beautiful fragrant candle or a stunning hand cream can be equally special.
Another great rule is to start early – shop throughout the year when you see specials or products that you know those you love would like. Buy ahead of the mad gifting seasons, in that way you can stretch your gifting budget and sometimes find amazing gifts at half the price!
So here are some of the trendy 2017 gift ideas that may be found under the Christmas tree this year:
- For Millennials you won’t go wrong with electronics and accessories.
- Generation X- are in their parenting years, so their focus is on family-related gifts. Gen X also favour experiences and making memories, which means activities and travel will be especially meaningful to them.
- Baby Boomers are becoming selective and discerning in their purchases. They want to simplify and declutter. Their emphasis is on unique items and quality rather than quantity. They tend to be socially conscious, so they prefer “fair-trade” and “Proudly South African” products because they are sensitive to the plight of workers.
- With kids, educational gifts are hot, but classic gifts like books and action figures will always be firm favourites. LEGOS are a perennial favourite, as are toys associated with movies.
These can be given in the form of one single gift, especially if budgets are tight. Gift hampers are perfect on such occasions as you can cover something inside the gift for everyone in the family. Gift hampers that are beautifully presented will have a special place under the tree. A shared experience for the whole family to open up and tuck into.
Shop On-Line here for gorgeous gift hampers delivered nationwide in South Africa.
- Personalized gifts are very popular as well. Engraved and monogrammed gifts add a personal touch, setting them apart from big box store items. There are many Mom owned businesses in Mommy Mall that provide personalized gifts across all genders.
- Cooking is another favourite pastime for both men and women. This creates the perfect gift environment for cooking tools and gadgets that complement the foodies’ love of cooking.
- The ever popular Christmas sweet treats are always a winner! Especially for when you are at a loss to decide what to give to someone!
We all love a good chocolate, and even a gorgeous chocolate bar can look glamorous under the Christmas tree if dressed to the nines.
In the end it’s all about the presentation of your gift, however small it may be. The presentation speaks of your love, your appreciation, your thought and time to make the gift special. No matter how big or small the gift inside the wrapping or gift box.
Gifting made Easy
At Yabulela Gift Hampers we are passionate about speaking with our gifts on behalf of our clients, because it’s not everyone’s cup of tea to pull together a good looking gift. If you struggle with getting all your gifts sorted go to someone who specializes in the art of gifting. Let them support you with sorting out all your gifts and getting them ready on time and delivered to your door.
Let them interpret your love, your appreciation and joy in the gift you choose to buy. Then hand them over to those you love personally or have them delivered.
Yabulela Gift Hampers deliver to the recipient’s door across South Africa, making gifting to those far away from you a piece of cake.
The range of gifts available are as wide and unique as your budget in the end. Why take on the queues, noise, crowds and stuffy stores when you can just purchase what you want from your home? We hope that these Gifting Tips Year End 2017 makes your gift shopping a little easier this year.
Need some more gifting tips year end 2017? Contact us for assistance with special gifts at Yabulela Gift Hampers